When I picked Timmy up from school, for the first time ever, he came running out to greet me. Normally he shows no interest in the fact that I'm there much less that I'm his Mom. But today, he was in the doorway (of the door leading to the outside), saw me and ran to me yelling... "Mommy!" Can I just say at that moment, I felt so freak'n good!
Talking to Timmy about his day, I asked Timmy if he saw Mrs. Crowley today. Monday is Media Center day when the kids return a book and borrow a new one. Mrs. Crowley is the Media Center teacher whom Timmy LOVES (in fact, he wanted to put two bows on her jar of cocoa but all the other teachers only got one :). Timmy told me that Mrs Crowley wasn't there- he thinks she was hiding or something. And then he says "Or maybe she was with administration.".........WHAT! Did my three year old seriously tell me that a teacher was with administration? I have to concentrate saying that word and yet it rolled off his tounge. And to think he is in speech therapy. I still giggle thinking about it. Administration...
On a side note- we had a grand time celebrating Tim's birthday. Some of my family came down to bring in Tim's 40th year as well as his cousin Maria (and her son Carl- one of Timmy's favorite guys to play with). And Jeff & Brenda Thorpe drove in from Decatur. We broke in our new Wii as well as the new Catchphrase game I gave Tim for Cmas. We made it to the 12am countdown and everyone started getting ready for bed at 12:05am. But we made it- and we are proud :)
The next day, we took the train downtown. It was COLD but fun. Keith & Andy (bro & nephew) only had time to ride the train there & back (but loved it as it's not something you get to do in Oshkosh!) And Eric & Kat (bro & his girlfriend) stayed long after us and went to the Sears uh, I mean, Willis Tower. We really didn't do much w/ the kids but I think w/ the celebration the day before- they were worn out anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment